Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRough Roads....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11878
11878, Rough Roads....
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I am getting closer to lowering my car with H&R Sport Springs and Illuminas. Since its been on the top of my mind lately I have been noticing just how bad our roads are here in Kansas City, even the highways. I have heard that with any lowering you will get a more harsh ride. Since I am not real excited about bouncing all over the place going back and forth to work as well as possibly bottoming out everyday on our sh%tty highways would it be a good idea to go with the OE springs instead? I know they don't drop as much but I would think any drop looks better than none at all. If I did go with the OE springs would I need a front camber kit and would the ride be more comfortable than with the sports?

Thanks in advance...

Chad
11879, RE: Rough Roads....
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I now know how crappy the highways are in Kansas City. I was just there last weekend. I have TenzoR springs and Illumina's and haven't had a problem bottoming out or anything, especially in Kansas City or while I was in Missouri. You can adjust the stiffness on the Illumina's to make it feel like the stock ride but just be lower. I'd say go ahead and lower it. You're just going to have to learn how to go up driveways and such all over again.
11880, RE: Rough Roads....
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Jason thanks for the reply...

I love your car bro. How much did your springs drop?

Chad
11881, RE: Rough Roads....
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, no problem. Anything that I can do to help. They only dropped it about 1 and a half inches. I'm thinking about putting sportlines on it because I want it to be a bit lower.
11882, RE: Rough Roads....
Posted by BlitZEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OZ i live in KC as well and am getting ready to drop my car with HR race springs b/c i dont think i will have many problems. I will only know for sure after the springs are on.

TIA

Ryan
I generated this page in 0.010619878768921 seconds, executing 7 queries.