Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectlowering springs
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=116
116, lowering springs
Posted by eclipse_gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm about to lower my 95gs anywhere from an 1 inch to 1.5 inches. From what I've heard in various posts, I wont need any camber correction kits in the front or the back. Is this true??
I'm waiting for my 17 inch wheels to get here on Monday. I kind of want to get the wheels put on at the same time I lower the car. Btw, any opinions on the no brand el cheapo springs for sale nearly everywhere for 99 bux?
117, RE: lowering springs
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say go with the Eibach Pro kit 1.3" drop probably closer to 1.5". I suggest doing the shocks at the same time. Stock shocks don't last long once lowered. You'll wind up changing them soon anyway and then you'll be paying for another alignment that you could have avoided. I think the rear need a camber kit but the front doesn't if you're going with a 1 or 1.5 inch drop.
I think I'm going with Eibach Pro Kit and Tokico Illuminas when I drop mine.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
118, el cheapo springs...
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it seems kinda hard to screw up a spring, so i wouldnt think the cheap ones would be any less quality thwn the name brands, they may just settle more, but thats not a bad thing
119, RE: el cheapo springs...
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Maybe, but I woldn't be too sure of that Cyan. I read the ASOG board a lot, and they have horror stories all the time about bad coilovers and bad springs as well.

The "Bottom-out Syndrome." (chills) :-(

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

120, RE: el cheapo springs...
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah i would definately watch out for bad coilovers i know all about that. but like i said the only problem to watch with springs is their spring rate because they may sit as well as compress a lot lower than they should. but most of the bargain springs are sold by lowrider shops for people (like me) who want the lowest ride possible, so if your looking for a pro-kit type drop less than 2 inches, stay away from the cheepies
I generated this page in 0.0079829692840576 seconds, executing 7 queries.