Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Do strut bars really work?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11429&mesg_id=11432
11432, RE: Do strut bars really work?
Posted by espilcEGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Strut bars do work. If you have driven your car for a while, you would notice the difference. I have always said my favorite bars are the Sprint front and RRE rear. You could go with a cheap bar from ebay for the front without much effect in the performance. The only thing you get into there is the build quality. The rear is a different story though. That is the weakest of the two due to the hatchback design of the car. I hate to compare them but, here it goes. The Pilot rear strut tower brace is a poorly designed bar. No matter how you tighten it down, if you grab the middle of the bar and pull towards the strut tower, you have a lot of movement from the bar. Where as if you use the RRE rear bar and do the same, there is almost no movement except from the whole back of the car moving on the struts.

You don't get the same results as strut and springs or swaybars but, there not a bad first mod. Plus they look good on the car.

I generated this page in 0.0070338249206543 seconds, executing 6 queries.