Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectwhat are good struts with prokits?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11004
11004, what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by 95ALLmotorFWD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whats the best strut for the prokits? best ride??
11005, RE: what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by pn0ymahal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
depends on how much u want to spend. if u want more of a agressive handling a bit more get the tokico blues ...

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast
11006, RE: what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll second that
11007, RE: what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by chachi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where is a good place to find them and what kind of price?
11008, RE: what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wtb tokico illuminas?
11009, RE: what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by Chowmane99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have STOCK Shocks/Struts with my Eiback Pro-kit on my 98 Eclipse Spyder.

It's been about 6 months now and everything is fine. A buddy of mine has the same setup for over a year now with no problems.

I love it. It's not a harsh ride at all. I think when they blow in another year or two, I'm gonna get the same shocks/spring. They only $25.00 or so each and I can install them myself (Simple).

Later,
11010, RE: what are good struts with prokits?
Posted by Creamo3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have tokico blues and the ride is still pretty good with eibach sportlines. It is a little bouncy on the highway, but it hangs corners with the best of them. I bought mine from www.shox.com
22458, Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by bokchoi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For those with Prokits and Tokico Blues, do you guys find your rides a little harsh? As in being bouncy as hell...it was almost similar to my blown stock struts....the cornering however is really good but the ride was getting me sick. Am I suppose to let it adjust for awhile or is this what I'm riding for the next couple of years?
22459, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bokchoi
For those with Prokits and Tokico Blues, do you guys find your rides a little harsh? As in being bouncy as hell...it was almost similar to my blown stock struts....the cornering however is really good but the ride was getting me sick. Am I suppose to let it adjust for awhile or is this what I'm riding for the next couple of years?

I wouldn't call the ride harsh, stiff is more like it. The car does not bounce at all. You have tokico blues and it's bouncy? If it's truly bouncy, like it would be if you had blown struts, then there's something wrong. If it's bumpy then everything is fine and you just need to get used to it.

22475, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by bokchoi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmmm yeah i think i was looking for bumpy instead...hehe thanks. Guess ill live with em
22488, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by develitate, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tokico
22494, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by DSM_John, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
KYB AGX. They're adjustable.
22517, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what about the GR2's i realize theyre not adjustable but what kind of ride do they give with the pro-kits?
I had them with Skunk2 coilovers on my old car and they were kinda rough. what about with pro-kits?

22553, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will second the KYB AGX's. I have had the prikits on the AGX's for over a year now and love them.

Chad
22565, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by OZ_GS
I will second the KYB AGX's. I have had the prikits on the AGX's for over a year now and love them. Chad

hows the ride with the AGX's and Pro-Kits? I just ordered a set of AGX's to go with the pro-kits ive been waiting to install when the snow melts.
How much difference does adjusting them make? Like how big of a difference is there from the softest setting to the hardest?

22566, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by EricBss7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I second the stock shocks/struts for the price issue. I got pro kits on Monroes(same as stock) and i love them. I'm still waiting for my springs to settle a little more in the front though. The gap is killing me.
22624, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How come no one said Illuminas? Arent they rated better than the blues?
22627, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have KONI yellow and prokit....love it for a year now. adjustment is great huge difference from soft to hard settings.

lifetime warrenty is nice on the struts/shocks too

Terry
22731, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I love the ride with the AGX's. I just ended a 1400 mile road trip each way with 2 passengers and no complaints from anyone about the ride. Plus I love the cornering. I can usually take those circle on ramps at close to 80 or so and the car sticks to the road really well.

Chad
22733, RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
don't waste your money on the kyb agxs...koni yellows all the way. i had agxs for a while and then switched to yellows...hugeeee improvement!!!!
I generated this page in 0.011321067810059 seconds, executing 7 queries.