Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectVibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=10381
10381, Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Posted by Kahn, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys - well after my clutch was done - I am getting vibration only when I brake from speeds above 65 MPH - what would cause this. If it is 65 or below - it feels like nothing is wrong - what can cause this???

Thank you.
10382, RE: Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Haven't replaced your brakes in a while? Sounds like warped rotors to me...
10383, RE: Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Replaced my rotors 2 mos ago - although they were a cheap brand - could do them again I guess. Only cost me 50 bones.

10384, RE: Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pads , pads, pads, get the 49 buck ones and say good bye to vibration, and please dont spend 50 bucks on rotors, you can get slotted/dimple drilled/plated for 100 bucks shipped
10385, RE: Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Posted by pancito, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have the same issue, when ever i go above 65+ MPH i get nasty vibrations, like "something get's out of place" that happens if a brake from 80 to 40 mph or 80 to 0 mph, after that and a few brake pumps, everything is back to normal.
10386, RE: Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it could be a combination of the pads and the rotors. The pads might not be seated right, and/or the rotors are warped.

I'd guess the rotors are warped again. It does not take long for cheap rotors to warp if you are agressive with the brakes (and if you're on this board, you are probably agressive with the brakes AND the accelerator :) ) I had cheapo rotors for my Saturn ($17 each!) warp not long after I installed them.

Also, typically you would only notice the vibrating at certain speeds. Usually at low speeds (unless the rotors are really bad, like on my saturn) you will not notice anything, and only feel the vibration (or even see, the steering wheel can vibrate so badly you'll see it shake) at highway speeds.
10387, RE: Vibration only under certain braking conditions??? WTF???
McGyvr

Okay - the rotors are cooked - I am replacing next week - where do you have these rotors for 100 shipped - I need them now.

Right now I am metal on metal - grinding away my rotors -- horrible grinding noise --- please, please help.

I will not be driving the car after tomorrow - going to Cali - so if it is a place in SoCal - I can pick them up.

I generated this page in 0.015527009963989 seconds, executing 7 queries.