Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectJuan got hooked up...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9802&mesg_id=9810
9810, Juan got hooked up...
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
...as I wish we all could but if you're looking for great performance and bang for buck I'd recommend RRE's twin piston upgrade. The whole setup is good except the pads(metal masters I don't like). For 500 you get twin pistons calipers from a GSX, bigger powerslot rotor and pads. The twin pot covers more surface area which makes braking easier. With having an upgraded rotor the heat has more dissipation area almost like a heat sink for your microprocessor. This is the setup I have. I have in Hawk pads which are an excellent inexpensive alternative for great street pads. I would much prefer the EBC Green Stuff(that's the name green stuff). I've yet to give them a try but all I hear is good things. Anyway with this setup I can brake hard, and not just once or twice, but repeatedly with zero fade and some high temp ford brake fluid. The ford brake fluid is cheap and is almost as good as the expensive stuff. It's their fluid from their Crown Vics. Since they teater on the verge of 2 tons with gas and a passenger I thought it would be a good choice, besides it's the same type that we can use, which is by the way DOT 3 or 4 NOTHING ELSE!
I generated this page in 0.010847091674805 seconds, executing 6 queries.