Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: How do you lower car over 2.5"????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9029&mesg_id=9040
9040, RE: How do you lower car over 2.5"????
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
youre missing the point, if you go that low, you LOSE your struts, period. (or at least the great majority of their travel). im lowered, lots...do you think i still have suspension travel? no, what i get is, when i hit a slight bump i get a loud "THUD" that sounds like the car just fell off the wheels. this happens, oh, 30 times per trip. youll either have to deal with it or stay high. im still searching for solutions and rest assured you guys will be the first to hear when i come up with something. right now i see two options (three for you)

1)get shorter struts like mine (the konis are the shortest)
2)get drop forks (no one makes them as far as i know though)
3)raise the upper mount with a ground control plate or a replica of that

these three things grouped together should, by my estimates, give you +3 inches to +4 inches of travel, so you could lower 3-4 inches and retain stock travel. i figure 2" for the forks, 1" for the upper mount and 1" for the koni's. start saving (ive spent well over $1000 on various suspension stuff that i could easily have put towards a full tanabe coilover kit had i known it would take this much work. it sucks, i know
I generated this page in 0.0075650215148926 seconds, executing 6 queries.