Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: How do you lower car over 2.5"????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9029&mesg_id=9038
9038, RE: How do you lower car over 2.5"????
Posted by Talon95Stang, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How in the hell can you go that low? I've done everything I can think of.

1.) Cut my inner fender for clearance (fully adjusted to 3 deg)
2.) Lowered my struts 1 inch where it clamps at the bottom.
3.) cut some of the stock rubber piece at top of shock 1/4" and also had to cut the metal sleeve 1/4"

I'm trying to create the most possible room so my shock has room to go up and down.

I just cant get the clearance I need. This sucks ass. I worried about my control are hitting but my main problem is my strut is bottoming out.

I had NO problems with 2 1/4 lowering springs. I might go back to those. I just wanted coilovers so I could raise it if I had to.

Can anyone show me how you can get it that low?

I have arospeed coilovers. I know they sit on top of the shock but its less than 1/2"

I also made metal washers and cut the poly inserts in half to create more space.

Should I just get some springs? and fuck these coilovers? I can say that any other will do the same. ground control would do the same thing. It's only 1/2" less on my strut when I have created over 1 1/2" more space for the strut to travel.

When I first installed the coilovers and would raise my car the spring would fall down because they were low. Now I have to jack it up so high to get my car where it is now. So I know I have made more space between the bottom and top of my strut.

Please help. I just want to go low!
I generated this page in 0.0078029632568359 seconds, executing 6 queries.