Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Motor Mount insert Installation
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3136&mesg_id=3143
3143, RE: Motor Mount insert Installation
Posted by koolade9, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
okay, I did the rear mount this morning. it took about an hour from start to finish. Email me if you want pictures, I'm workin on a website but who knows how long till thats up.

anyways, here's what you need to do:
take out the battery, take off the plastic tray from underneath it. the window wash resivoir is held on by two bolts at the very top, take those out and un plug the clip at the bottom of the resivoir. take out the two bolts that hold your brake fluid resivoir and unclip the plug for the fluid sensor. You'll have to turn the resivoir kindof sideways to get it out, but it comes out pretty easily. I didn't feel like pulling off the hose so I just left it hooked up and set the resivoir on the valve cover.

you should be able to see the motor mount pretty well by now. all the bolts are 14mm, Instead of removing the actual mount itself, I just took out the three bolts that held the bracket connected to the motor. they were alot easier to get to and came out pretty easily. I'm sure you can figure out the rest from there.

as far as performance, I haven't lit em up yet to see if I get any hop, but I can definatly feel them there. personally I think it's cool as hell, whole car shakes at idle, but is perfectly normal when driving. I definatly reccommend them. I also put in the NRG suspension shifter mount inserts and between those and the B&M shifter, shifting is really tight and it sounds alot cooler going into gear, another $11 put to good use.

if you have any questions or need pics, email me.

I generated this page in 0.0086560249328613 seconds, executing 6 queries.