Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRear brake conversion help!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30349&mesg_id=30349
30349, Rear brake conversion help!
Posted by OrangeGlow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys.. finally got all the pieces to do my rear disc conversion... I got a complete GS setup from a donor eclipse but the backing plates were a bit mangled. So i got with a friend who scored me a pair of backing plates (just the backing plates) from a local junkyard. Here is my problem:

I began taking out the compressed pins and in doing so to the first one the assembly came apart in my hands ( All the stuff that attaches to the backing plate which the emergency brake cable goes into. I then began to reassemble it in the same fashion as the on that was still in tact. After reassembling it (done it 3 times) when i pull the e brake cable manually both the top and bottom of the assembly move, while on the other just 1 of the sections moves. I am completely lost at this point. I have not lost any pieces. All 3 springs are attached (The long one and the 2 smaller ones) Is this movement normal? I would only guess no. Any information on this would be most helpful. Ill try to have some pics up today

I generated this page in 0.0079810619354248 seconds, executing 6 queries.