Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Interesting find on the GSX front brake upgrade...rotor size..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24238&mesg_id=24247
24247, RE: Interesting find on the GSX front brake upgrade...rotor size..
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, these were from Dave(spooledupracing), but let me just clarify, that this was NOT his fault whatso ever..If anything, its mine i guess, because I just told him to get the parts for a 98, since at the time, I was unaware of any differences in the rotors. Also, this does NOT pertain to the calipers or brackets! So far, this is just a rotor issue, as it seems like most loaded calipers you buy are all the same thing, its just that you need 95-97 AWD rotors to fit inside the caliper bracket properly. I'd still like to know the differences in the 98+ setup..

I just dont know how nobody knew of this yet really..I mean, lots of people have done this upgrade, and as far as I know, i have not heard of any rotor size issues..maybe its just that nobody yet has oredered rotors for a 98+ yet?? Or maybe people do know, and have mentioned it in the past, but i never saw it..

One more thing. Dave only shipped one pair of the rotors to a member, and he was contacted already about the issue. One more set of rotors had been ordered, but not yet shipped, so Dave now knows the exact part# that is needed. Of course, the proper rotors are quite a bit more expensive(accross the board between all brands really)..I paid 50.00 or so per rotor at Napa, and I got a good price on it at that..didn't really have time to shop around or special order, since i needed the car..

But this setup is awsome, I can already tell a huge difference in stopping power, even without the pads fully seated yet..
I generated this page in 0.010240077972412 seconds, executing 6 queries.