Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=14156&mesg_id=14161
14161, RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Man I over torqued one of my ingalls camber kit and the
>diamn screw broke...i dont know what to do? Its still on the
>car, its the screw at the very bottom that keeps it from
>adjusting...its only one of them. And you said to keep it at
>the most negative it could go, well which way do i slide it
>to keep it negative?
>

man i dont know what to tell you there about the bolt. Those are pretty thick bolts too. May have to drill it out or may even have to get a new one...not sure. As for the most negative setting thing. Easiest way to describe it: By making the wheel tilt outward like this
\ or the tip of the tire goes toward you, means positive camber. When the tire tilts inward, like this /, thats negative camber. So you want to push the slider adjusters to the most negative setting, mostly for a base setting, so the alignment guy can then get it to where it needs to be. He will loosen it, and pull the tire back outward, or add "positive camber". More importantly, which ingalls camber kit did you get?? They make 2 diff ones for our cars. One only can adjust for up to 1 full degree or so, the other one, can go from +1.25 to +3 degrees. Thats the one i have. I say to make it all the way negative because if i slid out the adjuster/wheel any more than the +1.25 setting, the outer edge of the upper control arm would hit the inner fender well, right where that lip of the control arm rides into. YOu will see what i mean if you look at it. IF you have the 1 degree kit, you will be just fine with that, no worry about hitting anything there. Be SURE to mention to the alignment tech that you have adjustable camber kits on the front. They *should see it there, but you never know these days. DONT drive the car around with only that one bolt tightended either. I wouldnt want to find out what can happen if you did...
I generated this page in 0.015038013458252 seconds, executing 6 queries.