Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Hit a curb and bent the rim.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13491&mesg_id=13498
13498, RE: Hit a curb and bent the rim.
Posted by YATYAS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok here is the deal. Lastnight i had my roommate follow me out to drop my car off at the alignment shop. He said that he could see my wheel whobbling as i drove. Well, I got my car back from the alignment shop this morning. He said it wasnt off too bad. I then asked him if he drove it and noticed any vibration. He said there was a little vibration. I then asked him if what he did fixed the whobble any. He said he didnt know it was whobbling any? So then we jacked the car up and put a straight edge against the wheel and spun the tire. The tire was moving around an inch in and out as the tire spun. He then took off the tire and put the car in gear and the rotor turned smooth and straight. This is where it gets crazy. Seems like the new rim i bought was too small to fit over the little lip to mount to the car. So, i went straight from there to the place that i bought the rim at and told him what was up. He tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with the rim, i then ripped off the hub cap and said explain to me why the f@#king wheel wont fit over this lip to match up to the stud mounts. he was like oh hmm let me see if i got another one. Well to make a long story short, he found one and put the new tire on and balanced it. Anyway, turns out that nothing was ever bent suspension wise and the car drives just fine now. Thanks for everyones help. And to FauchPJ, if you ever need tire service DO NOT go to Auburn Tire Inc. he sold me a rim that didnt fit my car and tried to tell me my suspension was bent or something. Thanks again everyone.
I generated this page in 0.0091850757598877 seconds, executing 6 queries.