Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: what are the best sway bars for our car?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13460&mesg_id=13464
13464, RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?
Posted by DeanoD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have ridden/drove a fwd 2g car with rmdsm fwd sways. It had stock struts and springs also. You have to push the car hard on the skid pad or take off/on ramps fast enough where your tires are breaking loose to feel the push. The sways are good, do not change my meaning, they just cause more push in the corners than I like. It is fairly similar to a GS-T swaybar setup (18.5 front and 14.5 rear---actual measurements with a caliper), only stiffer overall. It is not more neutral with this setup, just less sway. Fine for the street, not good for autocross or extreme driving IMHO.

James did say he wanted it for a performance setup.

Intrax was suppose to make a setup for our cars, but they never released them....damn!

If you do decide on RMDSM, then with adjustable struts you can fix the understeer.

BTW: both swaybars come with the bars themselves and poly bushings/lube. If you already have a rear sway, then you are set.

I have also driven most every combo of factory setup you can have with the 19mm/18mm/16mm fronts and 13mm/15mm/18mm rears(factory numbers). Each one is actually .5 mm smaller than quoted.

I generated this page in 0.0069699287414551 seconds, executing 6 queries.