Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectAnyone running the AEM EMS?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=994
994, Anyone running the AEM EMS?
Posted by Scandelous, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want to know how hard it is to wire in.
995, RE: Anyone running the AEM EMS?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
SilverEclipse20g is. I think he used an Accord EMS unit and custom made a harness or something.
1001, RE: Anyone running the AEM EMS?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
According to Automotosports the EMS is the hardest standalone to tune. I find the MS to be pretty easy and thats a lot comming out of me since i cant stand difficulty in tuning.

1002, RE: Anyone running the AEM EMS?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've played around with the AEM EMS tuning software, and it makes the megasquirt software look like child's play. There are a lot of features and peramters in the AEM setup, and it's pretty complicated for a beginner for sure. It's just like anything else though, once you get acustomed to it, it's not bad at all. Just lots to know.. It's my opinion that systems such as the AEM have special features on it, that *most* of us can't even use anyway. I'd say it's more for the real hardcore racers, and people wanting many features, and total control of whatever they want it to do. The AEM does have more injector control resolution than the MS, although the MSII when readily available, will have the same resolution as well. The EMS setup is very nice indeed, so if you have the cash, and think you will utilize all it's features, then go for it.
1004, RE: Anyone running the AEM EMS?
Posted by Scandelous, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll probably just stick with getting a MS.
1006, RE: Anyone running the AEM EMS?
Posted by SilverBullet20g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
I've played around with the AEM EMS tuning software, and it makes the megasquirt software look like child's play. There are a lot of features and peramters in the AEM setup, and it's pretty complicated for a beginner for sure. It's just like anything else though, once you get acustomed to it, it's not bad at all. Just lots to know.. It's my opinion that systems such as the AEM have special features on it, that *most* of us can't even use anyway. I'd say it's more for the real hardcore racers, and people wanting many features, and total control of whatever they want it to do. The AEM does have more injector control resolution than the MS, although the MSII when readily available, will have the same resolution as well. The EMS setup is very nice indeed, so if you have the cash, and think you will utilize all it's features, then go for it.

Great info XtremeRS!

Originally posted by Scandelous
I'll probably just stick with getting a MS.

Good choice, the AEM is a lot of work and time. By the time you buy the AEM box you could have a full MS setup and then some. Here is the list of parts just in case somebody wants to go crazy like I did:

AEM EMS 1050U box
GM Boost Solenoid
3.5 bar MAP snesor
Electromotive crank trigger (ELCT-65467)
Custom gear sprocket from TorqueFreaks
Magnetic sensor bracket
Magnetic sensor
Modified crank wheel
Wiring harness from AEM or a junkyard special
I generated this page in 0.011065006256104 seconds, executing 7 queries.