Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMegasquirt with 390cc DSM injectors
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=974&mesg_id=974
974, Megasquirt with 390cc DSM injectors
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OK, so I have been reading so much about turbo kits the past few weeks that I think my head is going to explode with information overload.

Just reading about MegaSquirt itself requires the better part of a week! Anyway, I think I finally have an idea of what fuel setup I will be going with. Tell me if there are any problems or if I am crazy for some reason.

*390cc DSM injectors from 1G AT Turbo AWD
*MSnS
*255LPH HP Walbro pump

This will be on a custom 14B setup running about 8-10 PSI on stock everything else.

1.) Do I need a new FPR? If so, where can I get one?

2.) Will the 390s with the 1G resistor pack work using the MSnS?

3.) Do I need the wiring harness for them or will they plug in with my stock one?

4.) I plan on using an in-cabin boost controller to run 4 psi cruising, and turn it up to 8 psi (while the car is running, on-the-fly) for racing/spirited driving. Is this possible with the MS?

5.) Do I have to tune the fuel curves every time I change the amount of boost? (would be rather impractical in my view)

Also, how much should I be paying for the 390s? I have no idea how much to offer on them.

I was originally going with just the stock injectors and an FMU/Missing Link but the MegaSquirt looks MUCH better, I just don't understand it yet. I'd like to get some hands-on experience tuning it but unfortunately at the moment I can only picture how it will work in my head, and that makes things a LOT more difficult for me to understand -- I'm a hands-on learner.
I generated this page in 0.0079550743103027 seconds, executing 6 queries.