Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectSpark issue at 15 psi with MS running ignition
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=841&mesg_id=841
841, Spark issue at 15 psi with MS running ignition
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I got the car running great up to 10-11 psi,but when i try to run 15psi, i get a BIG backfire out the exhaust and the car bucks hard, and at the same time, the MS resets. I thought it was from running too rich, but it's not. After some leaning out of the VE map at that pressure, it still did it. I then reconnected the stock ECU to run spark, and it ran just fine, like it always did at 15 psi. I'm wondering if the 3.5ms dwell time is not enough for a strong spark at that boost pressure. Someting just isn't right somewhere. Nate, did you ever scope the stock ignition trigger signals to see what the ECU is using for dwell time? It's either the dwell settings not right, or big tach dropout at that pressure for some reason. I don't understand why the MS resets either when it backfires..The Mitsu ignitor stays really cool at idle, which is why i think we could up the dwell a bit for a stronger spark. Anyone have any insight?
I generated this page in 0.0087401866912842 seconds, executing 6 queries.