Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Spark issue at 15 psi with MS running ignition
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=841&mesg_id=1138
1138, RE: Spark issue at 15 psi with MS running ignition
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ner947
Damn you gave in, heh. That's really weird how some setups work fine with the 4G63 transistor but yours is misfiring. I can't quite put my finger on it. A shot in the dark... Have you tried the MS 3.0 board yet?

Nope, havent tried the new board version yet..That will be a project for the winter i suppose, not in a huge hurry to upgrade, since the car is running really well now(fuel side anyway). I've always thought it was dwell related, as I can tell its a weak spark...James himself said dwell for 2 spark outputs is busted sooo.. If you think about it, there really are not that many people running wasted spark, plus forced induction with the MS..I mean, the spark is fine up to 10psi or so, which means those who are running this type of ignition setup, may never even see this type of issue. There are tons more people running distributors, and the ford EDIS setups, which dwell for both of those are fine..

One thing of interest though, I put my adjustable timing light on the car, and had the advance set at 15 degrees in MS, then set my light to 15 degrees on the knob, and the light fires right on both of the cam TDC marks even..so looks like timing is damn near right on to what you set it to in the MS..
I generated this page in 0.0089678764343262 seconds, executing 6 queries.