Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMegasquirt kit
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=672
672, Megasquirt kit
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just got my kit from DIYautotune.com.....ordered it sunday and three days later its hear.....the build begins tomarrow............

Edit everything is labeled very nicely. Anyone lookign for a kit order this one now......cost 200.00 with stim kit

Terry
673, RE: Megasquirt kit
Posted by baxsom, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
did you get the one already assembled or the box of parts
i have been thinking about doing the same thing but i the fear of not being able to get a good enough map to even get it started has shyed me away from the DIY
674, RE: Megasquirt kit
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Way cool Terry. I will be doing my wireing next weekend. Still waiting on the unit from Lee, but no worries since my engine kit is not yet here either. :( Of course it has only been like 5 weeks since ordering from howell :cry
675, RE: Megasquirt kit
Posted by corsagsbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good info. Thanks!

--------------------------------------
know me as santiago
boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

677, RE: Megasquirt kit
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yep, I ordered my "backup" MS from diyautotune.com, and shipping was fast, and came with everything needed, including machined case and all. It took me a span of several days working on it to get it done, but I only did one or two sections at a time though..It's def not that hard to do, but it's more tedious than anything..If you have soldering skills, then that really helps too. The car is running pretty good with the MS now though :)
678, RE: Megasquirt kit
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by baxsom
did you get the one already assembled or the box of parts i have been thinking about doing the same thing but i the fear of not being able to get a good enough map to even get it started has shyed me away from the DIY

Like matt said if you can solder well then go for it. The base maps are out there...the same ones lee sends you but they all require a lot of work. they will start and run but not the best, you will have to tune. Dont let it overwhelm you.

Thanks to Matt fore all his help finding this supplier and getting my laptop setup so far!

Terry
679, RE: Megasquirt kit
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
over 4 months and still waiting for mine :)
I generated this page in 0.010136127471924 seconds, executing 7 queries.