Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: MS2 - Stalling After Start (No Idle)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5700&mesg_id=5801
5801, RE: MS2 - Stalling After Start (No Idle)
Posted by Tired2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was playing with my idle tonight... essentially we are at the same point, I just have not yet drove mine around. I idled it for about 30 minutes tonight now that I have my cooling fan going. It runs about 193 or so. What does your run at?

As fro your log... Does it only do the 3400 RPM thing when you start it warm? I noticed compared to mine.. my car idles around 1100-1200 with IAC steps maxing out at about 155 or so. Yours goes on up from there, which is "more closed".

I think your advance may be too high, mine rides about 20deg at idle, and I started with the stock symtech tune. Check that your idle advance is working as expected and have a look at the spark table.

I'm not sure exactly how idle advance is supposed to work, but it does not have the effect I'd imagine. As load goes up, I advance, but the advance does not seem to increase from normal even though the conditions should be met. Maybe I missed a condition on mine.
I generated this page in 0.0079200267791748 seconds, executing 6 queries.