Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectBest aftermarket ecm?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5665
5665, Best aftermarket ecm?
Posted by 2GdSm2013, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As the title slightly states, i want to know what is a good aftermarket ECM for our 2Gnt's. Thanks in advance guys!
5666, RE: Best aftermarket ecm?
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Megasquirt.

Please capitalize the letter I when referring to yourself.
5668, RE: Best aftermarket ecm?
Posted by Socal420aT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
MegaSquirt hands down, Its not nearly as hard as some people make it seam. I had never messed with one before and had my car up and running full stand alone in about 8 hours
5673, RE: Best aftermarket ecm?
Posted by Tired2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Agreed.

8 hours is impressive though, if I were you, if the car is your daily driver, make sure you arrange for a backup car and give yourself some troubleshooting time. You'll be hard pressed to find good help if you end up as one of those people who says "I need to get to work tomorrow and I can't Idle!!?@!!?", etc.

I have been taking video of my MS2 build/install/test on a 420a turbo motor, they are on youtube as "Evan's Megasquirt Build Series" if you are interested in understanding the process. Many of my videos are building the board, etc, so if you get a pre-built system you'll save a lot of time. I suggest symtechlabs, they are very helpful.
I generated this page in 0.00801682472229 seconds, executing 7 queries.