Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5617&mesg_id=5621
5621, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xcasbonx
So basically you need a switched power source from the ignition? If so, use the black/white stripe wire, PIN 20. It is slightly bigger than the other wires in the harness. This is a hard one because we don't have one single "signal" wire. There are two coils in our ignition. Black/blue stripe goes to coil 1 and the brown goes to coil 2. The center wire black/red stripe PIN 6 powers the coil from the ASD relay. If you look at the coil pack connector you will see these 3 wires. So in my mind it comes down to either the black/red stripe wire or the black/white stripe wire.

Yeah, in my conversations with him, I thought ignition wire that I use with MS (the black/white). But he only wants to shut down spark so the black/white won't work. The next obvious to me would be the black/red because that feeds power to the coils. But I'm not sure if there is any single wire that would feed this from the ECU. Therefore it would have to be picked up by the coil plug.

I generated this page in 0.011983156204224 seconds, executing 6 queries.