Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subject420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5617
5617, 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by Aeren, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

What is the pin number of the ignition and the rmp wire on the 1996 ECU..

cause i dont see it..!!
this is the 1997 Ecu Pin out diagram..

please help..!!

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=1997_ECU
5618, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Use the 97 pinout and follow by wire-color. The wire-colors are the same from 96-99.

If you would have looked a few posts down I answered this question not too long ago.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5588&mode=full
5619, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
yea meny thanks nut i found that out allready..

my 1996 ecu is same as 1997

also found the rpm wire also the white solid one.. PIN# 73

but i dont see the ignition wire so please please can somebody tell what pin number or color wire i need on the 1997 ECU..

here the diagram.. take a look
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=1997_ECU

5620, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So basically you need a switched power source from the ignition?

If so, use the black/white stripe wire, PIN 20. It is slightly bigger than the other wires in the harness.

This is a hard one because we don't have one single "signal" wire. There are two coils in our ignition. Black/blue stripe goes to coil 1 and the brown goes to coil 2. The center wire black/red stripe PIN 6 powers the coil from the ASD relay. If you look at the coil pack connector you will see these 3 wires.

So in my mind it comes down to either the black/red stripe wire or the black/white stripe wire.
5621, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xcasbonx
So basically you need a switched power source from the ignition? If so, use the black/white stripe wire, PIN 20. It is slightly bigger than the other wires in the harness. This is a hard one because we don't have one single "signal" wire. There are two coils in our ignition. Black/blue stripe goes to coil 1 and the brown goes to coil 2. The center wire black/red stripe PIN 6 powers the coil from the ASD relay. If you look at the coil pack connector you will see these 3 wires. So in my mind it comes down to either the black/red stripe wire or the black/white stripe wire.

Yeah, in my conversations with him, I thought ignition wire that I use with MS (the black/white). But he only wants to shut down spark so the black/white won't work. The next obvious to me would be the black/red because that feeds power to the coils. But I'm not sure if there is any single wire that would feed this from the ECU. Therefore it would have to be picked up by the coil plug.

5622, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
i all ready tried that.. didnt work out..:(

allready tried these pin numbers..

#2 coil 1

#3 coil 2

#4 Generator field control

#6 Asd relay

#20 Ecu main power

#32 Crankshaft position sensor

non of these did cut the spark..

do i maybe need to connect wires together..??

the greenwire puts out a ground signal to the coil so it wont fire.. how ro connect this wire to cut the spark..??
the yellowwire is for the rpm signal i connected that to the white wire pin 73 on ecu..!!

hope o hear from you..;)
5623, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
okey ive been thinken alot for the last 3 days
and this is what i came up with

splice the 2 coil wires PIN# 2 and 3 on the 1997 ECU and put 2 diodes between them and connect them with the ''Green Ignition cut wire'' from the rev limiter

what do yall think..??

also i wanna try two other wires..

Pin # 46 and # 67 they both go TO the asd relay.. maybe if it cut one of them off with the green wire i will have no sprak either.. but im not sure

does the ecu send negative ground pulses tot the coilpack..??

if so it has to be grounded before it can reach the coil pack and spark the plugs right..??

so the green wire takes the negative pulse but we have 2 coil wires from our 1997ecu thats why im thinking maybe the only way this will work is with diodes pointing towards the green wire of the Beer Rev limiter.. so it's giving not getting pulses

Hope thiss wil work..
give me your thinking about this option..

Greets Aeren
5652, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by Smash_NDash, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what are you hooking up? sorry if I missed it in the thread
5881, RE: 420A 1996 ECU PIN PLEASE HELP..!!
Posted by dsmplayboy775, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So what causes the black and white wire to not have power
I generated this page in 0.0078620910644531 seconds, executing 7 queries.