Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS for non-boosted motor.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5562
5562, MS for non-boosted motor.
Posted by demonked, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So i just recently got my engine back from the show with all the work done (forged 8.8:1 with rods valve job crank job etc). Now because of certain things i wont be able to boost my motor right away. I am still thinking i wouldneed MS to run the new engine. Do i need it or could i just run to stock computer?
5563, RE: MS for non-boosted motor.
Posted by Smash_NDash, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You CAN use the stock computer but Since you are low compression like my self MS would help you squeeze what ever ponies you can out of your setup. Because as of right now your car should be even slower than stock. It's not fun to drive a low compression N/a Car...
5564, RE: MS for non-boosted motor.
Posted by demonked, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oh im not worried about it being slow for the moment, it is just because school is coming up and i need my car running so i can get back and forth from work. i just dont want to damage the engine if anything because of the stock computer.
5565, RE: MS for non-boosted motor.
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You will be fine.
5566, RE: MS for non-boosted motor.
Posted by Smash_NDash, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
You will be fine.

^^^This

The only problem I had was when I first started up it was like my ECU had to learn my setup and what to expect from it So it did stall while in neural until I drove in stop and go traffic for about 15 mins... But I also added cams to my setup. I dont know if that is a common problem or if I was just a rare case.
I generated this page in 0.0072159767150879 seconds, executing 7 queries.