Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectCruise control with MS
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5488
5488, Cruise control with MS
Posted by Wes Tank, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If I remove my stock ecu and use my MS as a full stand alone unit, will my cruise control still work or does it receive signals from the stock computer?
5489, RE: Cruise control with MS
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It wont work. The speedo signal goes thru the stock ECU. Supposedly there is a Cruise Control ECU, but Ive never seen it. Best bet if you want to keep cruise would be to leave the stock ECU in just for that, rad. fans and ASD relay control. I never had cruise and had a dead ECU anyway so I just went standalone.
5491, RE: Cruise control with MS
Dammit. That's what I was afraid of. I use cruise control all the time but want to go standalone!
5504, RE: Cruise control with MS
Does anyone know what few wires the cruise needs to work?
5505, RE: Cruise control with MS
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ill check when I get home. I am in the middle of removing the stock ECU as well. If I remember right only 1 wire runs from the cruise to the ECU. Im not sure what that wire does. I would look up the wiring diagram and figure out what all you need and if it can even work without the stock ecu.
5506, RE: Cruise control with MS
I'm going to rip out the stock harness but I'll go through the hassle of tucking the stock ecu in order to have working cruise control.
5507, RE: Cruise control with MS
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If the car is still running you might want to investigate how the cruise system works in relation to the stock ECU. You may find out you dont need it after all.
I generated this page in 0.0071580410003662 seconds, executing 7 queries.