Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMegasquirt load vs map sensor
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5452
5452, Megasquirt load vs map sensor
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Running MS 1 v2.2 with the 11c1 code.

Recently my 4 bar map sensor was having issues, it worked fine but all of a sudden the load % was about 20 below the map sensor kpa. These values have always been pretty close at atmospheric pressure. So thinking my map sensor was bad I put in the stock 2.5bar sensor and the map was reading 99kpa and load was 100%. Everything looking normal now I ran this setup for a few months till I needed to upgrade the sensor again. Bought a new 3 bar sensor and put it in. Same issue as before now. map is reading 99kpa and load is reading 81%.

The map sensor works fine so is this normal? I shouldn't have to rescale all of my maps from just changing the map sensor.

EDIT: Yes I changed the sensor to 300kps in megatune and the configure mode.
5453, RE: Megasquirt load vs map sensor
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have never used the 3 bar sensor - only the stock 2.5 and 4 bar (with baro, which I am currently using).

I will have to queue up a load gauge, as I only use a MAP gauge, along with two digital readouts for vac & boost in TunerStudios.

For shits & giggles, have you tried loading up TunerStudios and seeing if the same discrepancy exists?
5454, RE: Megasquirt load vs map sensor
Yea I opened up TS and load still shows 81% but the map sensor is now showing 86kpa. This stuff really makes no sense. I have used MS for prob ably 3 years now and still havent learned everything.

Guess Im just going to try and rescale my maps and then tune it from there. Im wanting to take it past 22psi.
5455, RE: Megasquirt load vs map sensor
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey bro, I added a quick LOAD gauge to my project and grabbed a screenshot for you:

As you can see, mine match. For troubleshooting purposes, try uploading a different firmware version and see if the problem persists.
5456, RE: Megasquirt load vs map sensor
thanks man, Ill have to do some more trouble shooting to try and track it down. Ended up finding a blown turbo gasket so that takes priority to the MS issue. I just put the 2.5bar map back in it so I wouldn't have to change the maps.

Nice dash board btw.
5457, RE: Megasquirt load vs map sensor
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The only time Ive had an issue with it saying anything other than 98-100 when not running is when the sensor wasnt calibrated right. I have the 3 bar sensor and it was calibrated for 2.5, making my gauge read like 85% or so.
5458, RE: Megasquirt load vs map sensor
Yea I dont know what is wrong with it. Been looking at MS2 and removing the ECU as well. Its very tempting.
I generated this page in 0.0085630416870117 seconds, executing 7 queries.