Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectWide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5331
5331, Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i rock a UEGO.. i hate it, its inaccurate, the gauge display is .4 afr off from the voltage its outputting to MS..

i want to go innovate, but idk what one works well/ better then the UEGO...

ideas?
5332, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Innovate LC-1 w/XD-16.

What are confused about regarding which one works better? They all use the same sensor.
5335, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my AEM reads .4 OFF of the voltage its transmitting to MS/ts.. so idk which one to trust, the voltage, or the gauge. Its not a calibration isse, all grounds are to the same place.. Many have found this same issue of .4-.5 off.. thats why i was wondering it the Innovate had the same issuse, ie works better.
5339, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have UEGO and like it.
5340, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by 96TurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My AEM UEGO will not match up right under any sensor settings even if it’s grounded at the same spot. Many people have had this problem I have and there isn’t many solutions with the UEGO other then using the custom wideband table in TS. I have done the calibration table and have gotten it to read exact numbers. My numbers were off by .2. Jean’s explanation on msextra is a good start, I too would prefer a digital signal over anolog anyday. Had mine for a while now without any problems.
5343, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by Wes Tank, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AEM UEGO here.
5354, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by justins71, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AEM UEGO also, but mine is off ~1.0 depending on outside temp. *shrug* When it's cold it's more like .8, hotter about 1.2. I just adjust all my MS tables up 1.0 and hope for the best! Also like you, I don't know to trust the output or the gauge. Have asked AEM and can't get a straight answer other than 'send it in', at my cost of course!
5470, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know this is old but damn, why do so many people use the UEGO? I know Tim uses a Innovate and has had good luck with it and I use a Zeitronix/ZT-2 and have had good luck with it as well. Just for future searchers...
5471, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Slo2g
I know this is old but damn, why do so many people use the UEGO? I know Tim uses a Innovate and has had good luck with it and I use a Zeitronix/ZT-2 and have had good luck with it as well. Just for future searchers...

Here is the Wideband Shootout conducted by "Ford Muscle".

They tested eight different WB systems. The LC1/XD16 is great and I love it.

http://www.2gnt.com/documents/teklein_Wideband_Shootout.pdf
5472, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I chose the AEM wb because its seem that most people use it over any other wideband. It has been around for years and other than the fact that it may not calibrate exactly to the ECU I haven't really seen any other complaints. And I like how the display looks so its a win win for me. Mine only reads .2 AFR lower than megasquirt. So I scale all the tables .2 higher and its dead on
5473, RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use?
Posted by nub, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I use Zeitronix because the guy who makes them is a DSM guy, and the product itself is excellent.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/Products.htm
I generated this page in 0.0086069107055664 seconds, executing 7 queries.