Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectms 2 voltage issue: overcharging!?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5030
5030, ms 2 voltage issue: overcharging!?
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

seems im having an over charge issue at higher rpms.. this s real , ive measured it with volt meter at the voltage regulator, and when i rev, i can see it on the volt meter. the alt is brand new, and ive tried swapping out the VR with a new one. made sure the paint on strut tower is down to bare metal for a good ground..any ideas.. ive been trying to fix this for along time, its holding back my tuning..

as ive tried:
giving coil, ms and injectors their own relay
H1 has the cap in it
all ms/sensor grounds are on the fire
verified open time is correct
battery correction is .100
Alt and VR replaced. and wiring verified.
5031, RE: ms 2 voltage issue: overcharging!?
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I honestly dont think it will be a problem unless its damaging any of your charging system. My ms voltage regulator sits at 14.5 regularly and hits 15 often too. Does it go any higher than the max listed on that log?
5032, RE: ms 2 voltage issue: overcharging!?
it is, b/c you see my AFR, it goes nuts... anytime voltage goes over 15.2, my dwell drops from 3.2 to 3.13, afr goes nuts even to, if you look at my GVE (THATS THE AVERAGE OF THE CELLS) Its smooth, so the cells are relativly close to eachoter meaning its not a ve/tuning issue.. its caused by the voltage. every one on ms forums says i need to fix it, other wise i cant tune past this..

what injectors are u running, and whar are your PWs? ive got low z 1000cc, pw in the ara of 1.16 +
5033, RE: ms 2 voltage issue: overcharging!?
well, went to auto zone, got a new reg, went to orileys and got a reg from them, .. looks like the autozone ones are crap.. still gave me the oscillation orileys looks good tho!!

fianlly, im excited!!! thanx for all the help! hope it doent magiaclly come back.. and yes set the lags back to 50
I generated this page in 0.0073959827423096 seconds, executing 7 queries.