Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectAnyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=5026
5026, Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt
Posted by eclipserstturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I finished installing my LC-1 kit the other day. So far I'm very impressed, responds instantly and looks great. I'm only having one problem. I can't seem to get it to connect to my laptop.

I have a female HD15 port on my laptop that I can't hook up to the female DB9 serial cable to. I went to radioshack and got a male DB9 to usb cable and hooked it up to my laptop but with no luck. All I get when I bring up logworks is it saying there is no serial connection.

I checked on Innovate's website and they sell a DB9 to usb cable but it looks almost exactly like the one I have. Do I need the cable from them or is there a different way I can hook it up?
5027, RE: Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt
Posted by adamzty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You need an old computer/laptop with a db9 port. That's the only way I have been able to program the wideband controller.
5028, RE: Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt
Posted by eclipserstturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ahh don't say that. I had the same problem with the DIS2 also. But then it crapped out and I didn't need to hook it up anymore. I'm going to have to try that cable they sell just to see if it'll work that way.
I generated this page in 0.008134126663208 seconds, executing 7 queries.