Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjecttuning idle...msnsE seqential
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4969
4969, tuning idle...msnsE seqential
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the open time is set to .65ms. heres a shot with wue and ase off, its steady for a bit then gets a little lumpy. I can see the rpm gets a little lumpy, is this noise?
it seems the rpm jumps and dips but for the most part everything else stays steady...

Can i force an IAC step number while the engines running? like if its at 10 steps, and i want to add air, can i add steps and burn that table while engines running?

any ideas on how to smooth it out?
4970, RE: tuning idle...msnsE seqential
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That looks surprisingly stable for being sequential. Of course it will be more stable with it, its just getting it tuned to do so thats a pain. Looks good to me though.

How did you get Vacuum log on there?? Dont think mine has that..
4971, RE: tuning idle...msnsE seqential
i have the licensed version of MLV, it was an option on the left hand side lol..
it feels good, but u can see some spikes and dips. you can feel those lol..heres some more food for thought..

played with VE, its sorta better,but not quite where i think it should be i guess

then i plugged in my fans, they are grounded from a diff source then the sensors, when i did this idle went up 200 -300 rpm, my vac dropped to -22 in hg or more! wtf, but idle rpm was crazy smooth? then i noticed cranking gettin harder, ie batt volts going down, i didnt have this prob before, it seems only when fans plugged in it kills the batter..

what gives???
4983, RE: tuning idle...msnsE seqential

i think you can hear it a lil...oh where to start with tuning timing..??
I generated this page in 0.0088140964508057 seconds, executing 7 queries.