Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRemoving Engine Harness and ECU and using a stand alone
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4966&mesg_id=4966
4966, Removing Engine Harness and ECU and using a stand alone
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is a question that I just really wanted to get some insight on. I started taking a spare engine harness apart today and noticed that the windshield wiper harness, the vehicle speed harness, the MFI/ASD relays, and the starter signal wire is all a part of the engine harness. What do you guys do to get around these problems. I know the ASD/MFI part is as easy as just running a new signal to it, the windshield wipers are taken care of by just removing the subharness from the main harness, the VSS I'm assuming needs to have a new 5v ref and signal run to the chassis harness, and the start signal is just as easy as running a new signal as well. I was just wondering how you guys have done this. I only know of one person that has completely removed it and posted pictures is Taclipse, I know Mike was working on it but I haven't seen/heard from him in a while. Just curious, all I've done so far is take the sensors out of the harness and deppining them.
I generated this page in 0.0081689357757568 seconds, executing 6 queries.