Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectSymTech IAC Wiring
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4936
4936, SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by RogueAngel, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My MS2 unit was just delivered and I have a question concerning wiring of the IAC. It will be installed for full standalone.

Does anyone know the wire mapping between the MS2 wiring (green/white, white/green, blue/white and white/blue) and the connector wiring (yellow/blue, gray/blue, orange, and gray)?

Thanks in advance for your help!
4937, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you bother to search the forum for information?

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4831&mesg_id=4831&page=
4938, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Yes, I red that thread and many others. While that thread contains very helpful information, it does not answer my specific question.
4939, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I can tell you what worked for mine, but you will have to wait for me to take the tape off and check. I also installed standalone, and I JUST got it to work without any flaws.
4940, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Great, thanks so much.
4941, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RogueAngel
Does anyone know the wire mapping between the MS2 wiring (green/white, white/green, blue/white and white/blue) and the connector wiring (yellow/blue, gray/blue, orange, and gray)?

I can tell you that for a standard MS stepper motor IAC rig, the green/white wire goes to JS3, the white/green wire to JS2, the blue/white to JS1, and the white/blue to JS0. Given Corbin's information, your connection scheme should look something like this:

white/blue = IAC yellow/blue stripe
blue/white = IAC gray
white/green = IAC gray/blue stripe
green/white = IAC orange
4952, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine are slightly differnt: SPR1: Grey (no label)
SPR2: White/blue IAC
SPR3: WHITE/green (no label)
spr4: blue/white (Iac)

4954, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by streetlightning
mine are slightly differnt: SPR1: Grey (no label) SPR2: White/blue IAC SPR3: WHITE/green (no label) spr4: blue/white (Iac)

Is that a question? If so, you're not providing enough information; the SPR ports can be connected to anything and in any way. If you're sure they're connected to the stepper motor driver and I had to guess how, I'd say SPR4 is probably connected to JS3, while SPR3 is connected to JS2 and so forth. If that's true, your wiring scheme would look like this:

Grey = IAC yellow/blue stripe
White/blue = IAC gray
White/green = IAC gray/blue stripe
Blue/white = IAC orange
4955, RE: SymTech IAC Wiring
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hi paul, i just got an email from you guys staing the same thing lol. yea i didnt know how my spr related to the jsx'S . My board was wired with stepper contol on the sprs mostlikely b/c i used all the other spots (p/h board and cam sync.)
thanx
I generated this page in 0.0098350048065186 seconds, executing 7 queries.