Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: My Spark Table
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4909&mesg_id=4920
4920, RE: My Spark Table
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
On the map i run I am slightly more advanced in boost areas but like i said every motor will be different. The N/A areas prolly dont need to be so advanced but with those cams your overall compression is prolly around 7.0 with the overlap so the timing may be necassary. You will need to play round with it to see. The factory ECU ramps up to 30* after 2500 RPM in the cruising range and at WOT it sees as much as 24* after 2500RPM.

Use your plugs and EGT'S to tune and you should be doing fine.

Remember to find a spot to do your testing since you really need to drive in the area you want to tune then shut the motor down while still in that range. if you try to tune on the highway, your going to skew the results greatly by driving to a parking lot to pull your plugs.

A backroad with no traffic is great, you can cruise in your cruising range and shut the motor down push in the clutch and pull over and sample the plugs and make your adjustments.

all in all you have a good start, just make your changes slow and work methodically.
I generated this page in 0.0072250366210938 seconds, executing 6 queries.