Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectremoving stock ecu/harness
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4886
4886, removing stock ecu/harness
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi guys, got my ms2 extra back from symtec, along with some 1000cc injectors. i have the harness removed from the senors, and the ecu removed, but now, im to the plastic wire bundle that sits underneath the ECU. i want to remove the ecu harness totally. any info tips? i haven't looked under the dash, but i assume these wires are going to a plug under there? any help or tips when you removed it would be great. Goal is to run full standalone.
4890, RE: removing stock ecu/harness
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Followed the harness to under the center console. So for future refense there are about 5 connectors under the console / behind the radio.
4956, RE: removing stock ecu/harness
Posted by unknsldr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are many threads with instructions on how to do this.

One tip...you will need an external voltage regulator if removing the stock ecu. Not hard to do though.
4957, RE: removing stock ecu/harness
Posted by unknsldr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
one other thing on the voltage regulator...make sure you have a good ground on the regulator its self. I didnt and ended up with an intense voltage spike and eventually failed alternator.
4961, RE: removing stock ecu/harness
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by unknsldr
There are many threads with instructions on how to do this. One tip...you will need an external voltage regulator if removing the stock ecu. Not hard to do though.

This is also an old thread
4967, RE: removing stock ecu/harness
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
NVM
I generated this page in 0.012507200241089 seconds, executing 7 queries.