Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS2 config file not found..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4863
4863, MS2 config file not found..
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Finishing up the wiring on my kit today. I wanted to test my ECU to see if my wiring was correct. I turned the key on, the LEDs on the case flashed once, and I configured my port to the settings needed for MS2. When I tried to open Tunerstudios I got this message:

MS2extraRel 2.1.0q was not locally, and it attemped to download it I guess from some place, and said server not available. I didnt save or change anything and tried it with Megatune and got this:

Expected: MSII Rev. 2.88600 (ini file)
Recieved: MS2 Extra Rel 2.1.0q

There was a little more info for each but that was the jist of it.

Is this anything you guys have heard of? Did I hook something up wrong?
4864, RE: MS2 config file not found..
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your computer is configured for the standard B&G MS-II code, whereas it needs to be configured for the MS2/Extra code. The error message is telling you your ECU has this MS2/Extra firmware in it, but your computer does not.

Simply download the correct firmware package (http://www.symtechlabs.com/support/knowledgebase/megasquirt:downloads), then run "copyini.bat" to configure MegaTune.

To configure TunerStudioMS, make a note of where the firmware package file you just downloaded is. Then, when you create a new project and TunerStudio asks you for the .INI file, navigate to this folder and select the file titled "megasquirt-ii.ini.ms2extra".
4865, RE: MS2 config file not found..
Awesome, Thanks! Im assuming I want MS2 extra from the "Release" section, and the most recent update?
4866, RE: MS2 config file not found..
That's correct.
4867, RE: MS2 config file not found..
Alright cool, I got Megatune to work good. Tunerstudios is saying theres no connection to the port, and keeps wanting to work offline. So at the very least I can at least use Megatune. I must say though, I saw the gauge layout for TSMS, and I like it as much as or better than MT.
4868, RE: MS2 config file not found..
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Alright cool, I got Megatune to work good. Tunerstudios is saying theres no connection to the port, and keeps wanting to work offline. So at the very least I can at least use Megatune. I must say though, I saw the gauge layout for TSMS, and I like it as much as or better than MT.

Getting TunerStudio working is really a worthwhile endeavor. MegaTune is quickly losing support and its main developer halted the project.

Often TunerStudio will say it can't connect if anything else is connected at the time. For instance, if you just flashed your ECU using "download-firmware.bat" and the CMD/DOS window is still open, a connection is maintained. Also, if you have MegaTune open, TunerStudio won't be able to connect.

If none of the above cases are true, then go to Communications > Settings and make sure everything is correct. You should have "MS2-Extra," "COM1" (change this to the appropriate number, though COM1 is the preferred choice if you're using a USB-serial adapter), and "115200."

Finally, if you're using a USB-serial adapter, make sure all of your drivers are properly installed and up to date.
I generated this page in 0.0078878402709961 seconds, executing 7 queries.