Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectdiy auto tune or symtech
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4606
4606, diy auto tune or symtech
Posted by twinvenges, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im tryin to figure out what the diff is in the MS these 2 companies offer...and i guess what all i need, id like to get msII, to replace my portfueler and go full stand alone, with timing/ignition control and 2 step.. can any one shed light on what the diff is? looks like the black cased MSII from diy is cheaper, but does it have the same features as the symtech? and will it be configured for the 420a?any help is greatly appreciated. thanx guys.
4607, RE: diy auto tune or symtech
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The DIYAutoTune ECU is not configured for the 420A and does not include any add-on hardware (i.e. launch control) or the option for such. The SymTech ECU is configured for the 420A, and you can opt to have add-on hardware installed at the factory.

Do you plan on completely removing your stock ECU? If so, there are a few other things you'll need for the job.
4608, RE: diy auto tune or symtech
Posted by twinvenges, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea i plan on removing ecu.,so id need the voltage regulator that comes with ur 420a kit correct?
4609, RE: diy auto tune or symtech
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You'll need a wiring harness and a USB-serial adapter if your tuning computer does not have a serial port. If you're going to remove the stock ECU altogether, you'll also need an alternator voltage regulator, and a Megasquirt ECU configured to control a fan relay and output a tachometer signal.

I generated this page in 0.012856006622314 seconds, executing 7 queries.