Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectBest msns
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4547
4547, Best msns
Posted by thormx353, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been searching around about MS for quite awhile and it seems to me like any variant of MS is good, just depends on what you want. Is MS-2 easier to tune or intsall than MS-1? I'm pretty much overhauling the whole car I just bought and piecing together a turbo kit for it, and figured it would be easier to install Megasquirt while the engines out of it. What is every ones experience with symtech's kit? I'd like to get rid of the stock ECU eventually if possible.
4548, RE: Best msns
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Go with MS2. It's more in depth than MS1, but not much harder to tune, depending on what features you want to run.
4551, RE: Best msns
What would be easier, fuel or spark to start out with?
4552, RE: Best msns
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fuel-only. It's impractical to run spark-only.
4553, RE: Best msns
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by thormx353
What would be easier, fuel or spark to start out with?

Fuel only would be easier..to a point anyway. Most engine tuning is going to be with fueling anyway, so running spark with it isn't really that much more complicated. There are more than enough people running MS to grab their spark map and you would be set to go for a good start. I would maybe get a MS2 and have all the board mods done to it for fuel and spark, but just run fuel only to start. Then you can connect spark after you get the fuel side dialed in. My eclipse is running great off the latest MS2 Extra code.

One more thing, I always recommend a V 2.2 PCB board over the V3.0. There have been many users with electrical noise issues with the 3.0, and really that board version is good for a few added extras. I run a 2.2 board and use the 4g63 Ignition module to fire the 420a coilpack, run 4g63 450cc stock injectors also using the injector resistor pack. The setup works great.
4554, RE: Best msns
Alright thanks I'll do some more looking into that. On the other hand, where is a good place to get MS, or is symtech the best place? Most people selling MS is MS1, and from what I hear MS2 is the better way to go.
4555, RE: Best msns
Just found this on the neon forums(http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=342768&hilit=megasquirt). Would this be good? Seems like a decent price :shrug
4557, RE: Best msns
Super420A's were all MS-I originally, though a few have been upgraded. They're notoriously difficult to modify for novices, otherwise they're a decent product.
4558, RE: Best msns
Why are they known to be more difficult for novices. What makes them different from other units?
4559, RE: Best msns
They're difficult to modify (not use) because of an RS-Autosport-designed daughtercard that's mounted on the underside of the main circuit board. If you're not experienced with circuits and soldering, it's difficult to remove and/or modify. Furthermore, it's nearly impossible to upgrade to MS-II since the option circuits will need to be re-configured for the new processor's pin assignment. You'll need to either purchase RS-Autosport's upgrade kit (if they're available) or prepare yourself for a lengthy and difficult process.
I generated this page in 0.013404130935669 seconds, executing 7 queries.