Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: random lean condition
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4298&mesg_id=4317
4317, RE: random lean condition
Posted by taclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well i found a couple issues that i fixed. The first one was a poor connection in my power supply for my fuel injectors...i soldered that. I made some changes in megatune according to the megamanual and wired inline resistors for the injectors since i thought i was experiencing flyback failure. The map needed some adjustments due to the resistors but my buddy got it back to normal in no time. I experienced a random lean spot while driving for about 10 seconds then it went back to normal. We drove around for about 1 hour doing some mixed driving and it was back! I noticed that when i rev the car it kind of clears up. We have ego correction and open loop/closed loop disabled for trouble shooting reasons. While the car was driving normally i reccomended enabling ego to see if thats what causing it, we enable ego and about 5 min into it is running lean as crap (18-19 afr). We disable ego correction and it is still doing.... I cut the car off to reset MS after disabling ego and the car is back to normal for a small period of time. If I am anything over 1/2 throttle and the car is running like crap it will intermittently run normal to rich instead of lean. Im lost and frustration is getting the best of me.
I generated this page in 0.009739875793457 seconds, executing 6 queries.