Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Timing advance with the S-AFC
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4228&mesg_id=4231
4231, RE: Timing advance with the S-AFC
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Without adjusting my SAFC I would get 20 degrees advance at WOT. With it adjustaed to -10% at the top end, at WOT I would see 23 degrees advance.

I had thought about just leaning it out more to get more timing advance, but I figured it is safer to not push things too far.

And, even though the SAFC could be used to control the amount of fuel added at part throttle and low rpms, with bigger injectors and a new fuel pump I think you would see some driveability issues while cruising around, most likely using too much gas while just driving around, and it would be difficult to get the thing to run right with normal driving (WOT would probably be easier to tune, actually). And of cours the cost of the setup, as Dino mentioned, is costly for what you would get.

Now, we could try bigger injectors that are only a little bit bigger than stock, which would not need the fuel pump. You'd still have to do the tuning at low RPMs/throttle position, but it would not be as far off from stock as the huge injectors/fuel pump/regulator setup would so it might be easier to do. But, I'm not sure how many more degrees of timing you could squeeze out of the car by doing this. If the "a little bit bigger injectors" aren't too expensive, then it could be worth a shot testing it out.
I generated this page in 0.0072600841522217 seconds, executing 6 queries.