Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectHow many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=381
381, How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How many people are running MegaSquirt naturally aspirated? I just installed it last weekend and it's running pretty good, hammered the idle down perfect yesterday, working on the higher rpm now. Anyone else got it all-motor?
382, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Congrats. I'm in "waiting" mode right now.

AFAIK nobody has it N/A. Hopefully I can get it in and working in the next 2 months.
383, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
I hope I'm not the only one, I think MrSlick was for a few seconds, but I don't know.
385, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will be, once I get it and install it. I'm also in "wait mode."

Exile Racing Technologies
http://exileracing.com
Assasin of Joy
389, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How long is this "wait mode" usually?
390, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I actually did run my car N/A with the Ms for a while... had to when I had my turbo out at one point... I just left hte turbine housing in place, and made a block off plate to replace the center section.

I think by "wait mode" they mean theyre waiting for me to get caught up on orders. ;)
402, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MrSlick
I think by "wait mode" they mean theyre waiting for me to get caught up on orders. ;)

rs-autosport has taken about a month already too. So much for their 2 week turn-around they have posted.
405, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by 95venge, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys. I'm wondering about this also. But for me I'm going to run the MSnS w/ boost. I was wondering if it would be smarter to install and tune the Megasquirt on my car before I put the turbo on. Then once I get the turbo on and whatnot, just tune it from there. You think this will work out good?
408, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
OK, so far Im the only one N/A. MrSlick doesn't count cause he's a god :bowdown and you can't compare gods and mortals. Everyone else needs to MegaSquirt their cars if they're N/A so as Im not lonely anymore and can trade info and maps.
410, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by FunRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ha man I be there as soon. I'm trying to get the parts togther.
421, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm probably going to do it to, instead of finding an MTX ECU to get my extra 1,000rpm back after the manual swap. of course, this won't happen until school is done but hey. whateva :) I'll just steal your maps.
435, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I'm probably going to do it to, instead of finding an MTX ECU to get my extra 1,000rpm back after the manual swap. of course, this won't happen until school is done but hey. whateva :) I'll just steal your maps.

hopefully by then I'll have it figured out and be working on timing maps to :)
463, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by ForceFed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Keith2172
How many people are running MegaSquirt naturally aspirated? I just installed it last weekend and it's running pretty good, hammered the idle down perfect yesterday, working on the higher rpm now. Anyone else got it all-motor?

Hey Keith it's Michael01 over at msefi.com. Did you ever leave the wire for the fuel relay or did you route that over to MS?
469, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
I currently have the car running on the stock ECU, but the MS is controlling the fuel pump and the white w/red wire is capped and dangling, NO CEL :) I think it's just the injectors that throw CEL's, the fuel pump wire being disconnected has no effect.
503, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll be running MSnS NA for a couple months while I piece together my turbo system. Of course, I am still in "wait mode" too. :P
823, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thread from the dead. Just curious if you all have it running N/A yet and what your maps are? Thanks
879, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Holy cow, I forgot about this thread. I stopped running off the MS until I get a proper fuel system and my TechEdge in, but now I have to rebuild a '72 Super Beetle for my girlfriend, so it'll be a little while till I get some maps. Once I get everything running woth the WBO2 I should have some pretty decent maps and when I scrape enough scrap together I'll hit the dyno to tune it further. I'll get there sooner or later.
880, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
N/A VE and spark tables should look a lot like a "turbo" table below 100 kPa. There are quite a few MSQ's posted over at MSEFI.com that you could use to get you started.
882, RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ner947
N/A VE and spark tables should look a lot like a "turbo" table below 100 kPa. There are quite a few MSQ's posted over at MSEFI.com that you could use to get you started.

Good call. I've still got to make the time to complete this install. I saw this thread bumped and thought I might get lucky with some numbers or something. I'll be running her NA at least through tax time next year. Once I start moving on this project again, I'll be tracking my adjustments to share with everyone.
I generated this page in 0.007843017578125 seconds, executing 7 queries.