Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=363&mesg_id=749
749, RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A note about the wiring diagram on the Sourceforge site - the way they illustrate how to hook up the TPS signal is not a very good method. My TPS signal was always very noisy and I would see a lot of spikes, for example… at idle, my raw ADC value for the TPS could be anywhere between 33 and 40, which is a huge range. Sometimes the noise was able to trigger my acceleration enrichment/enleanment, which caused some interesting problems especially at idle. The workaround is to cut the stock ECU out of the loop completely - run +5, the TPS signal, and ground from the MS to directly the TPS. I left the original TPS wires to the ECU taped off. My idle is now MUCH better, the raw ADC value for 0% is now 33-34, AE doesn’t tweak out anymore, and over run fuel cut works consistently.
I generated this page in 0.0065140724182129 seconds, executing 6 queries.