Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Megasquirt help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=3619&mesg_id=3620
3620, RE: Megasquirt help
Posted by taclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well we THINK we figured out why the car is acting so erratic. The stock ecu isnt doing anything. Previously i wasnt getting power to the coil or injectors and the fuel pump was priming but not kicking on during cranking. My buddy lives about 45 min away from me and when he showed up to tune my car is when i found out everything wrong. I was in a rush to get the car started so i jumped power to the coil and the injector harness and fuel pump relay. The car started but ran like ass....after messing with the settings it smoothed out but i still had the idle issue (3500 rpm idle). I checked for vacuum leaks, changed out my throttlebody and finally came to the conclusion that i had none.....I was wrong. Once I sat down and thought it over I realized the stock ecu wasnt doing anything thus causing the IAC to remain open and cause a major vacuum leak. That is also why i didnt have power to the coil, injector harness, why my fans were not kicking on, why my stock tach wasnt working and why my fuel pump was not kicking on during cranking. I tee'd into the crank angle sensor wire for the MS install. I get a correct rpm reading in MS. Im thinking maybe the stock ecu isnt getting a signal from the crank angle sensor. I am going to test all my connections at the factory ecu and make sure im getting signal.Please chime in with any comments or suggestions. Thanks for the time guys!
I generated this page in 0.0077509880065918 seconds, executing 6 queries.