Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectAEM F/IC
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=3079
3079, AEM F/IC
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=1264

Ok guys, tell me what you think. Depending on release date I might just wait to put the turbo on and try this. I have heard that it is susposed to be under 500, so its not that bad of a deal. Is it better than the SFMU SAFC? How does it compare to MSnS?
3080, RE: AEM F/IC
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont know, there isnt any info on it. Looks like a comparable ecu to the MS but I am sure it wont have nearly the various capabilites that the MS has. Things like nitrous and various inputs. Still a nice piece, dont get me wrong but AEM is not known for low prices either.

Terry
3081, RE: AEM F/IC
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, but being AEM they will probably have an additional software upgrade to be able to use nitrous or something, anything to make more money. No doubt MS is great, and if one is willing to take the time to tune it correctly can be very effective, but since this uses the stock numbers and then makes adjustments based on that for VE tables and cold starts etc. it might make it a lot less daunting(sp?)for someone who is thinking of going MS for about the same price once you get the unit and the additional mods for MS to work. Of course that is all depending upon the price and user friendlyness.

PS: there are a few leaked things in the forums on the aem website. Some of the possible capabilities of it.
3087, RE: AEM F/IC
Posted by jack_of_trades, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Talked to AEM on this yesterday. They are still running it through its paces and they really would NOT give an expected time of release, though they did say very soon. They said they are expecting a street price of closer to $400 on this unit. I would say its a good setup to use with some larger injectors on a stock internals turbo setup but I would still say the MSnS is the way to go if you are built and heavily boosting.
3413, RE: AEM F/IC
Posted by tbone, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anyone working one of these yet? I would like to get some input on it. Seems like a viable alternative to the MSnS and a bit easier to set up aswell.

Tom
3414, RE: AEM F/IC
price sounds good now lets consider the problems of the SAFC. I expect this to work the same way by altering the map signal. Now altering the map signal other than fine tuinign does a lot of very bad things such as the factory ECU advancing the timing.

Another issue to consider is the fact that many cars made past 96 have an issue with SAFC connected. Mine was a 97 and would throw a CEL with the SAFC hooked up and zeroed out. I expect the AEM may cause the same issues.

If you want easy and dont want to go as far as the MS then your next best method would be the 8 inj setup. a budget setup can be had for 500.00
3431, RE: AEM F/IC
Posted by BoostedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was tossing the idea of the 8 injector setup around. I would like the ms, but don't really have the time to build it which is the way I would go. So do they still make the eic controllers or are the obsolete now?
3432, RE: AEM F/IC
There are many HKS controllers still floating around used and the E034 is still made last i checked. Split second (makes the HRC units) still makes an EIC.
I generated this page in 0.011144876480103 seconds, executing 7 queries.