Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS options - add ons
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2944
2944, MS options - add ons
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So Ive been fed up with this fan grmlin. Thinking of adding the MS fan output.

So who is running it and what schematics and pin outs are you using? How reliable is it?

What code are you using? Care to share it? I heard the latest one has bugs in it for this.

Also, while im asking. Anyone using the other outputs? boost? water inj? Shift light?

I have all of the above but controlled by other devices.Im wondering how well MS handles them.
2945, RE: MS options - add ons
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I built one unti for fan control. I used LED 18 i think it was with a resistor that was able to drive a relay. The schematic specifics are in the Sourceforge page. Its not complicated.

Terry
2946, RE: MS options - add ons
yup, the fan output is simple enough. Read on MSefi that the LED shiftlight output was not comepletely correct. There are some schematics of slightly different setups. I was wondering if any of you have used those.

Also, if you have used the boost controller or water injection, what solenoid are you using, etc.
2949, RE: MS options - add ons
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Chamuko
So Ive been fed up with this fan grmlin. Thinking of adding the MS fan output. So who is running it and what schematics and pin outs are you using? How reliable is it? What code are you using? Care to share it? I heard the latest one has bugs in it for this. Also, while im asking. Anyone using the other outputs? boost? water inj? Shift light? I have all of the above but controlled by other devices.Im wondering how well MS handles them.

what version firmware you running or have run?
2961, RE: MS options - add ons
currently 29v

fuel only, tried spark, but figuring somethings out...
2963, RE: MS options - add ons
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
firmware doesnt matter. as long as the output is configured on the board, the fan control will work fine.
2971, RE: MS options - add ons
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, I use the fan control (no stock ECU). It works great... especially useful to those still using factory ECU that are running a 180* or 160* thermostat.
2974, RE: MS options - add ons
OK so I recently had an issue when trying to run 29t...the car would run until the fans kicked on and then it would stall and I couldn't start the car for 3 mins after it stalled....probably enough time to cool a little.

I am running fuel only as of now and have the stock thermostat which is what 195? So will I have to install a fan output on my MS board to be able to run the most current firmware successfully? I am not familiar with this fan output, but I notice that bar flashes all the time in megatune. Could someone fill me in on what I should do here?
2976, RE: MS options - add ons
The fan output is there, but you dont need to run it. If you choose to enable it in megatune, then you have to wire in a very simple circuit. All it does is turn on a relay at a certain temp and off at another specified temp.
2980, RE: MS options - add ons
I saw that option and assumed I had to add something to the board due to it being grayed out. I just didn't know what all was entailed.

Thanks!
I generated this page in 0.0082211494445801 seconds, executing 7 queries.