Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: ATTN: MrSlick Megasquirt question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=272&mesg_id=284
284, RE: ATTN: MrSlick Megasquirt question
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I am not good explaining some things and that is one...but i can draw one hell of a crappy diagram..lol Impedance is the ohm measurement basically. I would install 13-15ohm 10watt or larger resistors. I say 10w because some guys here used 10watt for the resistor pack when running low impedance injectors on our circuit and had no problems. I have no idea what the factory gst pack is. If you get too low of a resistor it will burn out. i would say look for 20w if they are made just for security. they will need a heatsink and you will have to monitor the heat temp for the first month to be safe. When i build mine thats the route i am going. Hopefully i will have my kit ordered by mid next month. Keep me posted if you get around to this before i do, if not i will do the same. Terry 96 Eagle talon ESI Greddy header - Greddy exhaust 97 Eclipse Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors) Mitchell on Demand copies available

I can test the resistor trick this week.
Just so you know... when I used the resistors for 450CC DSM injectors to work I used 2 x 20 Ohm 25 Watt resistors on each injector driver. This works out to 10 Ohm 50 Watts per injector driver. So that's about what you need to be safe. I would say at least 25W...

Do the math... ;) Watts = Amps x Volts
We know Volts = 13.4
And the Amps are about 2 I think for high impedenc injectors.
So Watts = 13.4 x 2 = 26.8W

I generated this page in 0.0083458423614502 seconds, executing 6 queries.