Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Running MSnS v3 Board as FULL Standalone (No Spikes)!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2549&mesg_id=2584
2584, RE: Running MSnS v3 Board as FULL Standalone (No Spikes)!
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This Post Should get pin to the top forever! LOL. I am excited!

Anyhow, I tried on what Wicked said above, and it completely eliminated the RPM SPIKE. You don't have to do all the steps stated above to just eliminate RPM spike, and the simpliest way that will eliminate the RPM SPIKE is doing the following v3.0 board mod when you try to read the RPM signal off from the CPS.

Just tap the signal from the blue/white wire from the CPS to the MS while all 3 wires are still connected to the stock ECU, shielding that tapped wire to the CPS might be a good idea. Then doing the following mod will be good to go with no RPM SPIKE!

Thanks to Wicked's and Corbin's hard work, so I just make it a simple and step by step instructions below! Enjoy guys!

Board Mod specifically for v3.0 Megasquirt board.
. Build both the Hall/Optio & VR input circuit sections
. Jumper TACHSELECT to XG1
. Jumper D1
. Jumper D2
. Jumper OptoIn to +5v on proto area
. Jumper OptoOut to VrIn
. Jumper VrOutInv to Tsel
. Replace R12 with a 1.3k to 2k resistor
. Remove C30
. Adjust hysteresis pot (R52 near middle of board) all the way to 0 (turn counter-clockwise till clicks)
. Adjust crossover pot (R56 at bottom of board) all the way 0 same way as above
. Turn R56 clockwise 7 turns

Tuning the MS Pots
- To tune the crossover point (R52) disconnect your fuse on your ASD supply wire. Crank the car, turn the pot 1 revolution clockwise untill the crank RPM dissappears (0 RPM), then note how many turns was made in that direction. Then go back to exactly 7 turns position and do the same in the other direction, then put it in the middle of the two turns. (For my setup, 7 turns is the sweet spot)
- Leave the hysteresis pot at zero to 1/4 turn for the most stable signal. If you happen to get any noise crank this clockwise until it vanishes (too much and your signal will dissappear completely). (For my setup, zero is the sweet spot)
I generated this page in 0.0072040557861328 seconds, executing 6 queries.