Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: MSnS V3 Board Tach Spikes Fixed!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2511&mesg_id=2543
2543, RE: MSnS V3 Board Tach Spikes Fixed!
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup guys.
I kidna did what Wicked did. but not the entire ECU, just only completely disconnected the CPS from the ECU, use shielded signal, ground and 5V to MS. no use.

And yes... we get RPM SPIKES even with or without SPARK. basically EVEN if MS is not used to control FUEL, if I just hook up my computer to MS, I still see the RPM SPIKES.

So the TRUE problem is lay on the RPM SPIKE PROBLEM. nothing to do with SPARK or FUEL. just that SPARK will be ALOT more noticable.
Just last nite... I was having a bit fun, and BOOSTING at like 10-14PSI.
And at one point, my car is like hesitated, or bug a bit when I try to accelerate at like 3000RPM. I look back, at that time, my RPM just SPIKE ALOT MORE then usual, which made my fuel completely screwed at that point. SO I FEEL it. but for ignition, even a small difference, we will feel the bug.

I will go and try what Corbin did. I believe that is the ONLY LAST HOPE we can have Wicked. and I will give it a shot..

And yes Wicked, I know how you feel. I spent like $4K on the motor then ever since I cannot run my car faster then 80mph or boost more then 2 sec coz the fuel just totally messed up.
Now I got Megasquirt, and I constantaly getting RPM SPIKE (even thou I just boosted to 14PSI for like 10 sec and up to like 140mph+ lol... SO FUN MAN! haahaa AND GOING UP HILL and EGT don't even go higher then 1520F. SWEET DUDE.

.... good luck guys.
I will post when I did something and let you know the result!
Gil
I generated this page in 0.0099890232086182 seconds, executing 6 queries.