Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: MSnS V3 Board Tach Spikes Fixed!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2511&mesg_id=2512
2512, RE: MSnS V3 Board Tach Spikes Fixed!
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup Corbin.. Thanks for the update!

So bascially we switching over to use VR instead of Hall circuit?

But don't we have to tune with those two potentiometer resistor? From your description, it's more like we just leave R52 alone forever, and just set R56 so it will read the signal? I thought we have to tune both potentiometer to get the correct cross over?

Also I thought VR is not what we wanted for our 420A MS setup?

I don't really get what you mean by "this tricks the VR sensor input circuit into reading the stock hall type crank sensor".
Do you mean, to MS and software, it still think it's reading from hall circuit , but actually we using the VR circuit?

And last question. Just out of curiousity. why using the VR will solved the RPM SPIKE problem? do I have to remove the CPS completely from the ECU still even with this VR setup inorder to have no RPM SPIKE? or can I leave it as it? (shared signal)

Sorry for all those questions, but I am kinda lost on what you did, did helped to solve the problem. But then I don't like to do something until I know what is going on and why it works. Thanks!

Thanks alot! This is definitely a GREAT news to all of us!
I generated this page in 0.0070559978485107 seconds, executing 6 queries.