Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectProblems keeping car running with MS
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2329
2329, Problems keeping car running with MS
Posted by peter2.slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a 99gs. Im using MS v2.2 and the car is fully assebled I have a 4g63 resister pack for the injectors and a 7pin ignitor box for the MS. The car cranks fine has perfect compression but is running pig rich. I can get it started if I feather the gas in and out if not it turns off. I thought the base map was so that it would start up fine? We havent tuned or adjusted anything with MS yet. Is there anyone here who could help out or anyone in the Central PA area that could assist as I am not familiar with MS.

Thanks in advance
2330, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
try and post your .msq file so we can take a look at it. What size in jectors you running? What is your fuel pressure set at, at idle? Do you have a wideband o2 sensor, if so, what is it reading when its running? What version of Megatune are you using, and what Extra code firmware version are you using as well?
2331, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
I have 780's

I do not have a wide band hooked up at the moment but have access to one. Im using a v2.2 with fuel/spark mods. And we havent used megatune yet but its the latest version of the site just downloaded last week. I have a 1:1 FPR so I don't know what the fuel pressure is.
2332, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Well we need some more info before we can really help you out here...You really need to know your fuel pressure, what frimware code you are using, You need to load up Megatune and use it to see what your .msq file settings are...What "base map" are you using? There are too many variables to use someone elses base map, when going car to car, to expect it to run ok, let alone even start up..
2333, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
I will do that.
2335, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Ok when trying to work with MS today we changed one value for the Map sensor and it changed all the values giving warnings for each column and changing the settings. Now I have no base map anymore. Need help ASAP please!
2336, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Its prob going to be best to start from scractch...Do you have the latest Megatune release version,2.25? Get the latest firmware versoin, 029q2. I can try and make up a base map for you to at least get you running decent to start, but you will have to do lots of tuning and adjusting..Check out the post here by gilli, as i have included exact instructions on how to upload the 029q2 code, and how to configure Megatune to read that code.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2246&mesg_id=2246&page=

Once you get the computer communicating with Megatune, and get it configured correctly, then I can send you a .msq file to load into your MS so you can get started. You really need to find out what your fuel pressure is too, as that can have a very big effect on all the settings in the MS, esp when running that large of injector.
2337, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
fuel pressue is at 43psi
we are using megatune 2.25

Were going to try using auto tune and go from there.
2341, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
ok got most of it taken care of now were having trouble with ms communicating with the computer. this message popped up.

Please advise
2342, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Read through the posts a couple lines down started by Gillee. They include everything you need to know to connect and update your MS.

Realistically though, it sounds like you have A LOT to learn about your MS and might have jumped in a little over your head maybe. Take a few steps back and study up on MSefi.com and here to learn what all the settings and controls do. AND WHY THEY DO WHAT THEY DO. Not just what to set things as. You will learn a lot more by know the how and the why not just the what...

2343, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, with that message, it can be two things.

Either your MS and MT is not setup correctly so they are not compatible with each other, so they cannot talk to each other (which I thought in most of my post at the above link)

And the other reason is the connection is no good. Which I found out that was my problem after 5 days.

So, go through the entire post from the link given by XtremeRS, it should help. or at least give you some ideas on what to look for.

Gil
2428, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Originally posted by gilee_8
Yeah, with that message, it can be two things. Either your MS and MT is not setup correctly so they are not compatible with each other, so they cannot talk to each other (which I thought in most of my post at the above link) And the other reason is the connection is no good. Which I found out that was my problem after 5 days. So, go through the entire post from the link given by XtremeRS, it should help. or at least give you some ideas on what to look for. Gil

Hey sorry its been awhile. Progress and then some set backs. I finally got rid of the error message sayint the ms and mt couldn't communicate we changed the configurations. But the MAP sensor is reading 67 KPa's with the car off. Now I have a 4 bar map sensor and the msq file has the pressure to 250 kpa I believe. But if you suck or blow on the vacuum hose with the car on the Map sensor doesn't budge. With the car on it went down a few KPa's but nothing major. The car still runs super rich and can not stay on without constantly giving it gas. Any suggestions?
2430, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
to account for a 4bar sensor you need to adjust the settings in Code Config/Map sensor settings. Then go to the INI file ans "set" the correct sensor.

Terry
2431, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
to account for a 4bar sensor you need to adjust the settings in Code Config/Map sensor settings. Then go to the INI file ans "set" the correct sensor. Terry

Thanks

About the car not being able to stay on, will the correction of the MAP sensor help, can you advise where to start with that?
2434, RE: Problems keeping car running with MS
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes start with the map and go from there. Inaccurate map signal means the car is trying ot run off the wrong VE bin and its figuring in the warmup and afterstart enrichment off that ve bin.

Get the map to read right and go from there.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.014254093170166 seconds, executing 7 queries.