Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectQuestion on Resistor pack wiring
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2204
2204, Question on Resistor pack wiring
Posted by BoostedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is it possible to wire a resistor pack from a honda into a 2gnt, or does it have to be from a 1g or 2g dsm? And where can I find a diagram besides the one in the tech. section here?
2205, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Any resistor pack will do, you can even build one.

Terry
2210, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used the pack off a 1g. I do believe the honda ones work too. It's pretty easy to wire up too. Here is a link I found for the dsm pack location. It's on the firewall to the left side of the motor. http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/ pretty cool site use the 1g side and go to the upper left it;s the silver thing. Oh here http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/respack.htm White wire is power in and the other 4 are power out to each injector...
2211, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used a Honda resistor pack.
2220, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So what fuel management you are going for?

If you are going for megasquirt, then I believe that you only need the resistor pack only if you are running the verson 2.2 MS board.

If you are using the V3.0 MS board, then the MS already support low impedence injectors, so no resistor pack is needed.

Correct me if I am wrong. (I am still a newbie to MS)
2225, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
wrong. If you read the MS information out there in the tuning manual and injecotr selection info, it is clealy states that the flyback board is not reqd if your running 4 low impedance injectors.

The flyback board is also available for the v2.2 should you opt for the extra protection that the flyback board offers. When not runnig a flyback board, it is advisable to relocate the Flyback fet to the case for better heat dissapation.

Terry
2226, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'm actually going to sell my harness with the resistor pack spliced into it. I have a stock one that I'm going to use with my MS 3.0.
2227, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Sorry, if I am asking stupid question.

But from the reading and understand I get from them is that.

V2.2 needs the flyback board, and V3.0 doesn't.
The flyback board is used for low impedance injectors. So if I am using high impedance injectors for either V2.2, or V3.0 MS board, I don't need the flyback. But if I am running the low impedance injectors then I MUST need the flyback board ONLY for V2.2 MS.

Am I correct above?

Now about the resistor pack, I thought the resistor pack is equal to the flyback board.
From what I read, the injector resistor pack is only need when using low impedance fuel injectors. This is because the low impedance injectors consume alot of energy (from the Megasquirt system) so if it is not controller properly, it will damage the injectors very quickly. So, the resistor pack is used to limits the energy provided by the MS system to the injectors. So if using high impedance injectors, resistor pack is not needed. same for flyback board.
Am I correct here as well?

I am still very new to these stuff, I am trying to figure out how to install my MS system to my eclipse and not destory things, so I been doing alot of reading. I hope I get it correctly.

Sorry if I am on the wrong track.
2230, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
looks like you read some things wrong and you confused others. Go read about injector selection and read what the flyback board does and what a resistor pack does.
2231, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
Ok... I am pretty sure what resistor pack does, but I iwll go read more about flyback and confirm =)
Thanks.

Gil
2234, RE: Question on Resistor pack wiring
This is what I got from reading more on the flyback and resistor pack.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=54&topic_id=2232&mesg_id=2233&page=
I generated this page in 0.010653972625732 seconds, executing 7 queries.